JOB VACANCY – Open and Distance e-Learning (ODeL) Director
The Adventist University of Africa is looking for a dynamic, self-driven and result oriented
professional to fill a vacancy for the position of Open and Distance e-Learning (ODeL)
Director. The successful applicant should be willing to take up the position as soon as possible.
Adventist University of Africa (AUA), a Chartered University of Seventh-day Adventists
(SDA) Church based in Nairobi, Kenya, established by the General Conference of SDA to
provide postgraduate education in Theology, Business, Public Health, Applied Computer
Science and other fields. The University seeks to deliver outstanding postgraduate education
from a Biblical foundation to prepare competent leaders to serve the Church and society in a
Qualifications and Skills Required
- An earned Master degree in online education, or Instructional Design, or a related field from a recognized and accredited university.
- An earned PhD degree in at least one of the following: Leadership, Management,
Finance, Public Health, Computer Science, and Education.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in online education, with a track record of
successful program development and implementation.
- Have leadership and team management skills.
- Be able to train staff, students, and faculty on online education topics.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of online learning platforms and technologies.
- Have a passion for education and a commitment to creating exceptional online learning
- Be a Seventh-day Adventist in good standing.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a comprehensive online education strategy in alignment with
AUA mission and goals.
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance Director and relevant academic leaders to develop policies for AUA online education offerings.
- Oversee the development of high-quality online courses and educational content,
ensuring they meet the standards.
- Collaborate with programme coordinators and subject matter experts to design
engaging and effective online learning experiences.
- Implement best practices in online pedagogy and ensure continuous improvement of
AUA online education offerings.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of online programmes, making data-driven
decisions to enhance student engagement and success.
- Lead a team of instructional designers, content developers, and support staff to deliver a seamless online learning experience.
- Provide training for staff, students, and faculty on online education.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies in online education and integrate
innovative solutions into AUA online programmes.
Method of Application
To apply, submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of academic degrees/certificates
electronically to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted by December 31, 2023.
Only qualified applicants will be notified and invited for an interview.