Frequently Asked Questions

Finance and Scholarships

The school fees vary from country to country depending on the wage factor. Kindly drop an email indicating your name, country, union and the expected programme to our Finance team at for further guidance on the same.


AUA provides scholarships to worthy students from different areas in Africa who,
despite their will and a strong commitment to learning, do not have adequate financial
resources to complete a graduate program on their own and, therefore, need financial support to reach their educational goals. Click on the link below for more details on the scholarship AUA offers:

    1. The AUA Worthy Student Scholarship
    2. The Brempong Owusu-Antwi Scholarship
    3. Merit Scholarship

You are welcome to give a donation to AUA of any amount or gift in kind. Monetary gifts
may be paid through the AUA PayPal account  accessed on this page while
gifts in kind may be delivered to the Main Campus in Ongata Rongai, Kenya.

Registration and Programmes

The Master’s programme may range from two to three years depending on whether it is part-time or full-time with the exception of the Master of Divinity (MDiv).  MDiv may take up to three to four years full-time and four to five years for those without a bachelor’s degree in theology. 

AUA offers a blended learning program with both online and face-to-face sessions.

AUA programmes currently run on a rolling enrolment system. That is, students may apply for any of the advertised programmes or ongoing sessions. Kindly visit the Dates and Deadlines page for the advertised programmes. 

Adventist employees, church members or any other person who wishes to have a strong Christian graduate education may apply for AUA’s programmes. Persons from the three African Divisions are strongly encouraged to apply. 

Students who fail to register during the regular registration period shall pay a late
registration fee. Students shall not be allowed to join a course after 15% of the course has been taught (2 days in a 3-week face-to-face intensive course).

Visa and Student's Pass

All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Kenya will need a visa, except citizens from countries who are exempt. The visa is typically a visitor’s visa, and it is only for purposes of visitation, and no other business (like work or study).

To check whether you need to apply for a visa or not, please follow this link for more information:

A single-entry visa will cost $50 (if there will be any service charge required, you will be advised at the port of entry, or at the point of payment).

  • The one-month visa can be renewed/extended at no extra cost for a further 60 days, to make a maximum of 90 days.
  • The Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011 part VII (56) 2, requires that all foreigners residing within Kenya for a period exceeding 90 days be registered by applying for a Foreign Nationals Certificate (Alien ID). Click here for more details: ).
  • You are expected to apply for the student pass as soon you arrive on the AUA campus, even before your 1-month elapses.
  • South African Citizens visiting Kenya for less than 30 days are exempt from visa requirements. Beyond 30 days, a visa will be required.

Possessing a visa only allows one to enter Kenya for the purpose of the visa only but does not permit one to study in Kenya. Students who travel to Kenya on a tourist/visitor’s visa are required to apply for a student’s pass as soon as they arrive at the University. It is an offence to receive education or training at any educational or training establishment within Kenya without a pupil’s / student’s pass (section 30 (7) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations, 2012).

Below are the required documents to be uploaded (in PDF) to immigration (efns) portal, for student pass processing:

  1. A duly filled, signed and stamped application Form 30, by the institution’s authorized personnel. Print out the form 30 at the end of the application for the student’s pass, and submit it to the student services office for signing and stamping. A scanned copy will be sent to your AUA email for uploading.
  2. Copy of your admission letter.
  3. Copy of a valid national passport (the bio-data page).
  4. Current immigration status for the student (passport page stamped at point of entry).
  5. A recent passport size color photo.
  6. Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates (your previously earned degree/diploma/certificate(s).
  7. Signed commitment letter from the sponsor (if sponsored).
  8. Proof of funds (for self-sponsored students).
  9. Police Clearance from your country of origin.

Student’s pass application is done through the electronic Foreign Nationals Services (eFNS) portal, and a form (form 30) is generated from the application.

A common eFNS account ( has been created from which all students applying for a student pass are advised use (students are advised not to create their own individual eFNS accounts). The account is checked and managed by the Student Services Office.

Contact Student Services on for more information on how to apply for the student’s pass.

It costs $50 per year, and $100 for two years – the maximum validity period a student’s pass can be issued to a student at a given time.

The time it takes for the pass to be ready is not specified. The part of the student is to submit all the required documents devoid of errors when making the online application, and the Student Services Office will follow up and notify the student once the pass is ready.

After the pass is ready, it is endorsed in the student’s passport, and the endorsed pass will be valid for the validity period of the pass.

In some instances, the student may need to apply for a foreign registration certificate, in such cases, student services will provide more information.