The Kenya Immigration and Citizenship Act of 2012 provides guidelines on what is required from all foreign students:
- All foreign citizens wishing to travel to Kenya will need a visa, except citizens from countries who are exempt (http://evisa.go.ke/eligibility.html). This visa allows one to enter the country.
- A student's pass is issued to applicants (foreign students) (section 30(1) of Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012), who wish to pursue their education in Kenya's education or training institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant (foreign student) must be accepted as a student by an approved educational or training establishment.
Requirements for the Student Pass
- A duly filled, signed, and stamped application Form 30, by the Institution's authorized personnel (Both new and renewal cases). You will print out the form at the end of the application for a Student Pass.
- Detailed and signed cover letter addressed to the Director of Immigration Services from the Institution indicating the course to be pursued and the duration (the student will submit a copy of his/her admission letter).
- Copy of a valid national passport both new and renewal cases (the bio-data page)
- Current immigration status for the pupil/student- both new and renewal cases (If in the country).
- Two (2) recent passport size color photos.
- Duly certified copies of basic academic certificates for those joining tertiary institutions and universities
- Signed commitment letter from the sponsor (sponsored students)
- Proof of funds (for self-sponsored students)
- Police Clearance from your country of origin.
- A copy of the checklist (available from the AUA printing station).
For more inquiries on visas and student passes, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org