Currently, the following four practical programmes are offered at Adventist University of Africa:
- Master of Arts in Leadership
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Theology
- Master of Arts in Missiology (Islamic Studies)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Doctor of Ministry Program
Other programmes envisioned to be offered with time include:
- MA Religion (with emphases in: Biblical Studies; and Theological-Historical Studies)
- Master of Arts in Educational Administration
- MBA in Financial Leadership
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry
- Doctor of Pastoral Theology
- Doctor of Theology (in Biblical Studies, and Theological-Historical Studies)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Religion and Leadership)
Given the delivery method chosen, the duration of each of the three current Masters programmes that can be best measured in semester credits: 36 semester credits for each master’s level programme. Students should take a minimum of 5 credits or a maximum of 9 credits per semester.
For each hour of class (lecture/discussion/presentations), students are required to invest a minimum of two hours outside the classroom in course-related studies/work/writing, etc.
The hours spent on course-related studies/work/writing assigned by lecturer to be done outside the classroom will be enforced by the submission of written reports such as reading reports, book reviews, project reports, and group project reports. Such reports will be graded as part of continuous assessment.
Thus, a 3-semester credit course taught in the intensive mode in a 3-week period may include up to 50 hours of class attendance (lectures, group sessions, examinations, etc.), plus about 100 hours of individual reading, writing, and study for the examinations. Thus, every year, in order to earn the scheduled nine semester credits, students need to invest a minimum of 450 hours. The total 4-year programme will require a time investment of at least 1,800 hours.