In addition to the general requirements of the University for admission into the doctoral programs, DMin applicants must:
- Have a Master’s degree in Ministry. These applicants will proceed with the direct entry to the programme. Applicants who have a minimum of 84 credit hours of Religion/Theology at the undergraduate level and whose Master’s degree is not in Ministry must consult the programme director for taking additional foundational courses on a Master’s and DMin levels.
- Be active in professional ministry for at least six years (limited exceptions could be considered) and demonstrate aptitude and commitment for the gospel ministry
- Be ordained or commissioned to the gospel ministry (limited exceptions could be considered)
- Provide satisfactory recommendations from the current field/conference administrator or direct supervisor, a pastoral colleague, and a local elder (a total of three recommendations from specific individuals is required)
- Submit a paper (2-4 pages) that provides an applicant’s’ philosophy of ministry and objectives in seeking the degree.
- Have successfully completed a course equivalent to GSEM 606Project/Thesis/Dissertation Research and Writing. Applicants are to submit evidence of their Master’s Thesis/Project or its equivalent. Those applicants who did not do a Thesis/Project on a Master’s level must submit a major paper (approximately 50 pages) showing applicant’s research competencies.